Saturday, August 28, 2010

under the wire . . .

a day had nearly passed without recounting my day. shutter the thought . . .

today was the bridal shower of my cousin. i received many "ahhh"s for my towel cake and several recommendations that i do it professionally. i'll consider it.

the shower wasn't terribly long, but the preparation of myself and my two kiddos for the shower took me most of the morning and has completely depleted my energy. fret not, as i do have some show and tell.

i thought of this 'thing' i wanted to paint a few days ago and last night i couldn't take it anymore. so i started it yesterday evening and this morning . . . voila!


it reads "this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart . . . i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)". it's a line from an e. e. cummings poem (that i love - read it here). this expert is a bit long for a piece title, which i am still mulling over.

i like it. the orange 'blasts' coming from the small heart were an afterthought, intended to add a bit more color, and i am less than thrilled with the outcome (mostly that they resemble candy corn and ultimately don't seem to fit). i am also seeking out new and more fabulous ways to paint text.

i do have a dear love for poetry, thanks in part to my high school literature teacher (shout out to Sr. Elaine!), and i do hope to make a series of paintings inspired by my other favorite poems. i've officially added it to my list of possible future pursuits. won't it be grand when i win the magical time lottery and can accomplish all those items on the list?!?! no, but really, suggest me some awesome poems to inspire me and we'll see what rolls out . . .

'tis one minute to my bedtime. sweet dreams.

jo

No comments: